2021 Vacant position - Treasurer
Posted:The Town of West Point Treasurer is elected to a two-year term beginning after being sworn in following the election. Candidates for the position are nominated at the Town Caucus held in January. Any elector residing in the Town of West Point can make a nomination during the Caucus. If more than two candidates are nominated, a vote will be taken by the electors present at the Caucus to reduce the number of candidates to two.
- Reconcile bank accounts in Quickbooks. Bank statements are emailed from the bank on the 1st of month.
- eMail a copy of the Historical Society’s portion of the monthly bank statement to the Historical Society President/Treasurer.
- Prepare monthly Financial Report to present to the Town Board.
- Attend monthly Board meeting held the 2nd Thursday of the month at the Town Hall beginning at 7pm.
- Sign/Mail/File monthly bills/expense checks.
- Transfer funds from the Money Market to Checking to cover checks written.
- Invoice residents for work performed by the Town’s engineer and attorney on their behalf.
- eMail issued Dog License Tags report and submit payment to Columbia County Clerk.
- Create Tax Newsletter to be included in Property Tax Bills. (Before 3rd week in November.)
- Pick up new and return unused Dog Tags to Columbia County Clerk’s office in Portage. (Late November/Early December.)
- Collect Property Taxes in December/January and deposit payments into Bank. Treasurer determines dates they will be present at the Town Hall to receive in-person payments.
- Generate Reports to eMail to Columbia County Treasurer for January/February settlements.
- File Manufactured/Mobile Home Lottery and Gaming Credit Report LC-664. (February)
- Deposit monies received at Town Hall Office into Bank.
- Issue dog license tags.
- Keep information regarding Property Taxes and Dog Licenses up-to-date on Town website.
- General office duties pertaining to Treasurer position – filing/shredding.
- Order deposit books for Bank Account.
- Assist with loan research and banking relations.
Office hours for the Treasurer are self-determined.